Closed for this round
Click the button to find out when we open
Is it even possible to make Instagram work for you now, in 2022?
The truth is that there isn’t just one magic trick – which is why I’ve put together a whole brilliant box of them. Advice and ideas you won’t find anywhere else because they are my own, tried-and-tested, hard-earned techniques gleaned from practice, analysis, thousands of students and clients and a lot of experience.
A class that is all of my Instagram & social media knowledge distilled, with all of the noise filtered out.
If you’re an artist, a blogger, a creative or a business owner, then I’m here to help you craft an engaging, popular and profitable account that represents all that you have to offer. No one-size-fits-all or cheap strategies here: we’re using your voice and your style to find the people who care about what you say and do. That’s what makes you future proof. That’s the whole key to being successful and happy online.
a group programme for creatives, business owners, artists and dreamers
Did you know you can talk to anyone? Anywhere? Literally right now, without even brushing your hair?!
I learned this information sometime in the early 2000’s and I have not stopped delighting in it since.
Instagram gave me permission to believe in myself – as a photographer, as a writer and business owner and educator – but mostly just as an acceptable human being. Truly – that was brand new information to me back then. A decade working in Speech Therapy didn’t help me; years of CBT and psychotherapy couldn’t show me the way. But being seen and heard and accepted by my peers for the messy, flawed and ridiculous human I am? Magic, my friends.
Instagram well and truly changed my life. I know why it can feel so hard to show up and do this. I understand what it feels like is at stake.
I’ve been teaching Instagram for nearly 8 years now and I’ve come to know who will be reading this page pretty well.
You think I can’t possibly mean you, but I do.
You think nobody wants to hear from you, but they do.
You think you can’t possibly have what it takes – but my wonderful friend. You do. 🖤
“My life has changed completely in the past year and I owe it all to the Insta Retreat and the amazing community within it.When I did the course back in October of 2018 I had just about 200 followers. Today I have 3500k followers,I quit my jobalmost exactly a year after I started the course and am well on my way to an income that can sustain my business long term. It feels liketaking that course was my golden ticketand I’m forever grateful 🤍”
“My average like per post has doubled, I am achieving the followers goal that I set myself for each week and I am getting messages from people with accounts of 30k+ followers enquiring about my products and collaborations.
But most importantly I’ve “met” a lot of lovely people who have helped me along the way and given me more confidence as a maker/designer/Instagrammer.”
● 6 weeks of carefully structured modules comprising over 50 individual lessons
● Weekly group coaching calls, where you can get 1:1 feedback and support from me, and the rest of the class
● Unlimited Q&A access, with answers directly from me and my experienced teaching assistants
● Private member’s only podcast covering all the course content and coaching calls
● Your digital workbook to print or complete online
● Structured tasks, assignments and exercises to help you craft your own unique Instagram strategy plan
● Lifetime access to our members-only community where you can join Insta-related challenges, discuss issues and connect with likeminded creative souls
● Access to all future coaching calls, and ongoing Q&A support during all future classes
● Placement in a small community support group via Instagram DMs – (think of it as our mini cheerleading squad who gets it, right there in the app)
● Continually updated, responsive, researched and tested content so that you’re always accessing the most up-to-date knowledge and strategies
● Lifetime access to all the course content, including all future updates
● How to create an account that is irresistibly followable
● A deep dive into what you want, who it’s for, and how to make it happen
● Support to hone a visual style – for Reels, Stories, Grid posts and more – that feels authentic and exciting to you
● How to repackage your ideas to fit in any part of the Instagram app
● Fast-acting guidance to start making the content of your dreams, right now, with whatever you have
● The secrets to creating viral posts for rocket-powered growth
● How to future-proof your account and build something truly sustainable and authentic
● How to use your analytics to inform your plans, strategy and growth
● How to convert your Instagram audience into blog readers, mailing list subscribers and/or customers (and why this matters for you!)
● All the science behind Instagram’s algorithms, and how to work with them instead of against
● The apps, tips, insights and tricks that I could not have built my Instagram without
● How to set up a workflow to do all of this in as little as 20 minutes a day
As well as me, you'll be getting direct access to some incredible experts and teachers from my network in this class!
Certified Life Coach Sally Hardie will be joining me to offer a series of bonus group coaching calls where we'll tackle your mindset blocks and keep you on track.
As an Insta Retreat member, you'll get access to our ever-expanding library of guest lives and expert teaching content, on topics including:
🧁 Food Styling for Instagram
🌾 Photography Styling & Using Props & backdrops
📱 iPhone Photo Editing
📸 Photography & Cameras
...plus a whole heap of incredible, mind-blowing coaching calls to take your learning to the next level.
For anyone feeling frozen or frightened about this side of Instagram, this 5-day challenge is designed to help you dive in with joy!
Over 5 days, we’ll work our way from terrified to terrific on this side of the platform, holding each others’ hands and taking small but significant steps to have you posting with pride.
And you have my word: no dancing, talking-to-camera or cringing required!
You can spread the cost over 2 or 3 months… click on your preferred option below
With over 8 years of experience, I’m one of the UK’s leading Instagram experts. Trusted by The Guardian, BBC News, Radio 4 and many more, I wrote a bestselling Instagram handbook, host an iTunes #1 podcast and grew my own blue-ticked account to over 220k followers using my own tried-and-tested techniques.
I’ve partied on the roof of Instagram HQ and been down in the trenches of every sudden and confusing new update. I read textbooks on algorithms to unwind; hike my car up on muddy roadside verges so I can leap out in impractical shoes to capture that all-important Instagram snap.
A photographer and creative with an (overly)analytical mind, I’m passionate about the internet as a gateway to human connection. As a certified coach with a background in children’s education, I’ve been coaching people just like you in Instagram, online business and the art of making dreams come true for the past 7+ years.
Class will begin on Monday 8th May, running for 7 weeks (6 weeks of classes plus a ‘rest week’ midway). I recommend buying as soon as you’re ready so you have some time to prepare, get to know some of your classmates in the community and access some of the pre-course material before we dive in.
Class will officially end on the 25th of June, but thanks to your Lifetime Access you can continue to access the teaching materials, podcast, live calls, support and community for as long as you need!
The Insta Retreat has a global student base (the only continent we don’t have any members in is Antarctica), so we try our best to schedule calls at times that are as accessible as possible.
We also offer the opportunity to submit questions in advance for calls you won’t be able to attend, and replays of all the calls are available as both video, and audio that will automatically appear in your private podcast feed.
For this class, the calls are scheduled as follows:
Tuesday 9th May 1 pm BST
Teaching calls with Sara:
Tuesdays 1 pm BST
Mindset Coaching Calls with Sara and Sally:
Thursdays 2pm BST
(All times shown BST – convert to your local time here )
My stellar assistant Naomi is based in Australia, so between us we cover pretty much every time zone for support meaning you’re never left hanging on your own!
This course was written based on my 1:1 client work with small business owners, makers, photographers, artists, coaches and bloggers. It’s specifically for anyone looking to grow an audience for a purpose on Instagram, and for people who want to overhaul their account and fix any problems they’ve hit along the way.
If you’re not interested in strategy and prefer to focus on your creative Instagram output, you might find my other classes, Bloom & Grow and Gloom & Glow a better place to start.
Absolutely. If you like to plan ahead and do things with clarity, then taking this course first is a great way to arm yourself in advance. You’ll be required to complete certain tasks on Instagram as you go along, so you’ll need an account set up and ready to begin at the start of the course.
Yep! I’ve worked with a wide range of clients from beginners to Instagram pros, and I’ve found we are all always learning. I’m sharing insight and ideas I’ve developed through years of professional Instagramming, and I’m confident there’ll be content you’ve never considered or heard about before.
The earlier modules might cover ground you’re already confident with, but it’s a great opportunity to solidify and take stock before concentrating on growth in the later lessons. Even having written this myself, I still find myself coming away with new reflections and improvements to my own work each time I run this course!
Yes! All members have the option to spread the cost of the programme across two or three months. Just click the button below and choose your option from the pop-up box and check out using your preferred payment method. If you’re eligible to pay VAT (UK customers only), it will be added to each payment individually to spread this cost too.
This is dependent on where you’re located – if you live in the UK, VAT will automatically be added to your total when you check out. This is due to UK rules about digital products – please see here for more information. It sucks, I know!
No problemo! Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a member of our little team will get back to you ASAP!
© 2022 All Rights Reserved Me & Orla Not affiliated with Instagram